29 January, 2009

Mother to daughter . . .


Last week my mother handed me a little package . .  I had no clue what it was . .  until I opened it up to find the most gorgeous little embroidered hungarian dress . .  the same one I wore to my grandmother's wedding when I was a little thing . .  I had seen photos but never knew she still had it . . 

She said it would fit Matilda now . .  I almost cried . . its been washed and just needs a little bit of the hem fixed but how exciting and awesome to have Matilda wearing something I once wore.

I am going to surprise my grandmother on sunday when we visit , by having Matilda wear it!

5 comments:

Kat said...

That's so lovely! How wonderful that your mum still had it! So beautiful.

PS - I've given you an award on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

That's stunning! I love heirloom craft work, especially of the wearable kind. It's the best way to keep our knowledge alive through generations.

yay your mum!

Petit (Australia) said...

How gorgeous is that. What a beautiful gift for your daughter, she's a lucky girl.

Tracy said...

Krissy ... you won my give away :) I'll pm you through CM. Congratulations

Anonymous said...

wow that is so special!